We are passionate about new ideas; we operate to develop and implement them. We cultivate a spirit of collaborative innovation, where risks are rewarded in the search for pioneering solutions. We hire and promote individuals committed to making a difference throughout the Building Automation Field. Our employees consistently work to create a supportive team environment, and apply their knowledge in creative ways to address all client interests.
EXPLORE OUR CAREER OPTIONS
LocationLong Island City, NY
Job DescriptionTEC Systems, the largest privately owned independent Building Automation and System Integration Contractor in the New York Metropolitan area is actively seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our Converged Systems Team.
As a Project Manager on the Converged Systems Team you will be responsible for managing the installation of converged IT infrastructure supporting BMS, DAS, Wi-Fi, telephony, electric sub-metering, video, access control and other systems vital to a building’s operation.
The appropriately qualified applicant will be required to demonstrate knowledge of Information Technology Systems throughout an established career in the construction industry or closely related field. Demonstrated subcontractor management on projects ranging in value from $200k to $25mm is an essential requirement.
Since 1981 TEC Systems has been committed to providing custom state-of-the-art control solutions, utilizing product lines by Honeywell, Echelon, and American Auto Matrix, to name a few. TEC Systems is renown throughout the industry for superb performance in response to difficult and time critical assignments requiring creative control strategies. This proud distinction results from a dedication to the development of highly organized and effective groups of proficient individuals, ever ready to satisfy the needs of our most demanding clients.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with the role, responsibilities and candidate experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/subcontractors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Prepare and negotiate change orders with both clients and subcontractors
- Prepare monthly client invoicing and manage subcontractor invoicing
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Verify that design and specifications are being followed accurately
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/subcontractors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or relevant experience
- A strong foundation of basic networking concepts and comprehension of the hardware and protocols used to create networks is essential
- 5+ years of experience in the New York Construction Market, with Project Management experience preferably from a GC/CM or subcontractor focused on new out of the ground construction
- Experience in project oversight, document review, inspection, QA/QC, subcontractor supervision and coordination
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency with construction and financial computer applications.
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to individually negotiate change orders with clients and/or subcontractors
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules.
- A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
- Personal commitment to safety, integrity, and continual professional development.
LocationLong Island City, NY
Job DescriptionTEC Systems Inc. is the largest privately owned independent Building Automation and System Integration Contractor in the New York Metropolitan area. We consistently provide highly motivated teams of Systems Engineers, Control Technicians, Software Engineers and Product Managers to everyone we work with.
The Startup and Commissioning Associate will work to develop the skills and ability to perform the repair, maintenance, service, modification, troubleshooting, inspection and monitoring of the operation of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and associated building automation control systems. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is cooperative, and supportive to meet internal and external expectations and requirements of the Commissioning Department.
+ This position requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment.
+ The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb stairs and ladders. Also, must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in kickoff/ turnover meeting with Project Manager and Startup and Commissioning Manager as necessary on assigned projects. Expectation is for the individual to attain a full working knowledge of the assigned project.
- Coordinates and communicates daily with the project manager, electrical subcontractors, equipment startup technicians and other trades to make sure everyone is on the same page and ensure that they fulfil their requirements for the work to go as planned.
- Assist with the daily planning of workflow for startup activities for self to ensure that startup and commissioning tasks are completed on defined deadlines.
- Coordinate the delivery and pickup of required job materials (ladder, gang boxes, field materials, etc.), as needed, with the Project Manager in a manner to maximize field production.
- Verify that all control-point wiring has been correctly installed and terminated, sensors have been calibrated, and field devices operate correctly, as directed.
- Install certain control components not installed by other contractors, as needed. (May include actuators, relays, and sensors)
- Field modify DDC local control panels as required for expansion and engineering changes, as directed.
- Perform point-to-point verification tests, field operational tests of the control systems, and make any necessary control system corrections to ensure that the systems functions as described in the Sequence of Operations, as directed.
- Responsible for reviewing the graphic screens for accuracy and functionality as directed.
- Responsible for completing TEC checkout sheets and punchlist log, in a timely manner for assigned project.
- Continually update and maintain project’s master field set of documentation (including submittal) so that accurate As-Built drawings can be produced.
- Participate in 3rd party commissioning activities for the building automation system and complete commissioning documentation, in a timely manner, as needed.
- Conduct site-specific training for the owner/operator on the control system, as well as participate in job site final walk through.
- Respond to customer warranty calls (on-site, on-line or via telephone support) – normal working hours or after hours, as directed.
- Must have a valid OSHA 10hr certification card & valid clean drivers license.
- Associate’s degree in a related engineering field, or HVAC & refrigeration technology field. Or, High school diploma or equivalent with two (2) years of experience in the HVAC and refrigeration technology field.
- Solid computer & typing skills and be able to use Microsoft Windows 7, internet browser program (such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.), Microsoft Excel, & Word.
- Skilled in using hand and power tools such as: digital multi-meters, amp probes, wire strippers, screw drivers, pipe wrenches, cordless drills, etc.
- Good mathematical skills, including the ability to perform basic mathematical functions (such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and an aptitude for higher level functions. (Such as algebra, geometry, or trigonometry)
- Basic knowledge of electrical and electronic principles related to HVAC controls, direct digital controllers (DDCs), and their functional characteristics when used with mechanical and pneumatic components (i.e. Signal from sensors to control panels which in turn communicate with actuators) to evaluate the operational status of such controls, make adjustments and repairs and test repairs.
- Basic knowledge of the operating characteristics of chillers, boilers, cooling towers, pumps, air handlers, etc. and their relationship with variables such as temperatures of outside air, of a space or discharge of air handler and of chilled water to determine whether malfunctions are in the HVAC controls or equipment.
- Can troubleshoot methods (visual, audible and mechanical and computer diagnostic messages) to locate probable causes of malfunctions in HVAC control systems.
- Skilled in interpreting schematics and manufacturing specifications in work such as tracing circuitry in control panels, rewiring panels, installing and replacing malfunctioning controls components.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP communication networks and understanding how these networks are implemented with specific knowledge of network devices (servers, workstation, routers, switches & controllers). Can follow verbal and written instructions to verify and troubleshoot network issues.
- Basic knowledge of BMS communication protocols (BacNet MS/TP, BacNet IP, LonWorks IP, LonWorks FT-10, LonWorks TP/XF-1250, ModBus TCP, ModBus RS-485, C-Bus & PuP) and general understanding how these protocols are implemented with specific knowledge of good installation and troubleshooting practices.
LocationLong Island City, NY
Job DescriptionTEC Systems’ service department is currently hiring field technicians, at all experience levels, to work with our expanding service portfolio. Field technicians install, analyze, and service Building Automation Systems at premier customer facilities in the New York metropolitan area.
TEC provides comprehensive service agreements to many of our clients, including owners and managers of commercial real estate, educational facilities, and health care institutions. We view the relationship with each of our clients as a true partnership and our long-standing association with them is a testament to the success of our company. Technicians partake in both remote and on-site service. On-call techs also provide emergency service response twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Our highly motivated team of systems engineers, software engineers, project managers, and user interface designers are committed to providing custom state-of-the-art control solutions, utilizing various product lines including those by Honeywell, Echelon, Allen Bradley, and American Auto Matrix. TEC Systems is renowned throughout the industry for superb performance in response to difficult, time critical assignments requiring creative control strategies.
+ Training on Honeywell, Lonworks, American Auto-Matrix, and other manufacturers’ systems will be provided.
+ Compensation is based on skill set and experience.
+ TEC Systems, Inc. offers excellent benefits, a 401K plan, and a profit sharing program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Install, analyze, and service building automation systems at premier customer facilities in the New York metropolitan area.
- Tasks include performing maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, software modifications, database protection, implementing system enhancements, training, and consultation.
- Maintain relationships between the customer and the organization on all technical matters.
- A minimum of a 2-year technical degree in HVAC technology, electronics, mechanical systems, or equivalent military training
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in the HVAC field
- Knowledgeable in servers and network equipment, as well as a proficient user of Microsoft Office programs
- Available for on-site emergency service calls after normal business hours