We are passionate about new ideas; we operate to develop and implement them. We cultivate a spirit of collaborative innovation, where risks are rewarded in the search for pioneering solutions. We hire and promote individuals committed to making a difference throughout the Building Automation Field. Our employees consistently work to create a supportive team environment, and apply their knowledge in creative ways to address all client interests.
EXPLORE OUR CAREER OPTIONS
LocationLong Island City, NY
Job DescriptionWith our portfolio constantly growing and excelling with new products, applications and integration practices we are always looking to add new talent to our Sales team. You'll be helping us deliver strong, competitive and cultivated relations to existing and new clients. From submittals, proposals, technical solutions and other developments, you'll be fully submersed into the projects from day one. At TEC we pride ourselves not only on our hard work, but the relationships we build along the way with project teams, vendors, and clients. You will be responsible for working with building owners to increase dynamic automation systems, while cultivating long-term customer relationships and maximizing account representation. Additionally, its important to remember you will be engaged with contractors and consulting engineers and developer accounts during the duration of construction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Bring forth upgrades and leads into opportunities by assigning appropriate sales process, establishing appropriate contact within client and associated parties, identifying required project needs, constraints and responsibility to meet customer’s HVAC system design and installation requirements.
- Gathering and validating preliminary information and performing facility walk-throughs with client to visualize the project ahead.
- Preparing, finalizing & reviewing preliminary proposal, and validating the preliminary offering with project team internal to sort out any outstanding issues or concerns.
- Carefully review contract terms & conditions with previously gathered information and client objectives.
- Act as a liaison between project team and client presenting the proposal and negotiating price, terms, and conditions.
- 5+ Years experience & technical related degree preferred
- Must have extensive knowledge of the technologically sophisticated products they sell in order to explain their advantages and answer questions.
- Strong interpersonal skills are an absolute must for building and maintaining relationships with clients and prospects for effectively communicating with other members of our sales team.
- Knowledge of HVAC DDC control theory & applications, plus mechanical systems
- Strong time management and organizational skills
LocationLong Island City, NY
Job DescriptionTEC Systems Inc. is the largest privately owned independent Building Automation and System Integration Contractor in the New York Metropolitan area. We consistently provide highly motivated teams of Systems Engineers, Control Technicians, Software Engineers and Product Managers to everyone we work with.
The Startup and Commissioning Associate will work to develop the skills and ability to perform the repair, maintenance, service, modification, troubleshooting, inspection and monitoring of the operation of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and associated building automation control systems. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is cooperative, and supportive to meet internal and external expectations and requirements of the Commissioning Department.
+ This position requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment.
+ The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb stairs and ladders. Also, must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in kickoff/ turnover meeting with Project Manager and Startup and Commissioning Manager as necessary on assigned projects. Expectation is for the individual to attain a full working knowledge of the assigned project.
- Coordinates and communicates daily with the project manager, electrical subcontractors, equipment startup technicians and other trades to make sure everyone is on the same page and ensure that they fulfil their requirements for the work to go as planned.
- Assist with the daily planning of workflow for startup activities for self to ensure that startup and commissioning tasks are completed on defined deadlines.
- Coordinate the delivery and pickup of required job materials (ladder, gang boxes, field materials, etc.), as needed, with the Project Manager in a manner to maximize field production.
- Verify that all control-point wiring has been correctly installed and terminated, sensors have been calibrated, and field devices operate correctly, as directed.
- Install certain control components not installed by other contractors, as needed. (May include actuators, relays, and sensors)
- Field modify DDC local control panels as required for expansion and engineering changes, as directed.
- Perform point-to-point verification tests, field operational tests of the control systems, and make any necessary control system corrections to ensure that the systems functions as described in the Sequence of Operations, as directed.
- Responsible for reviewing the graphic screens for accuracy and functionality as directed.
- Responsible for completing TEC checkout sheets and punchlist log, in a timely manner for assigned project.
- Continually update and maintain project’s master field set of documentation (including submittal) so that accurate As-Built drawings can be produced.
- Participate in 3rd party commissioning activities for the building automation system and complete commissioning documentation, in a timely manner, as needed.
- Conduct site-specific training for the owner/operator on the control system, as well as participate in job site final walk through.
- Respond to customer warranty calls (on-site, on-line or via telephone support) – normal working hours or after hours, as directed.
- Must have a valid OSHA 10hr certification card & valid clean drivers license.
- Associate’s degree in a related engineering field, or HVAC & refrigeration technology field. Or, High school diploma or equivalent with two (2) years of experience in the HVAC and refrigeration technology field.
- Solid computer & typing skills and be able to use Microsoft Windows 7, internet browser program (such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.), Microsoft Excel, & Word.
- Skilled in using hand and power tools such as: digital multi-meters, amp probes, wire strippers, screw drivers, pipe wrenches, cordless drills, etc.
- Good mathematical skills, including the ability to perform basic mathematical functions (such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and an aptitude for higher level functions. (Such as algebra, geometry, or trigonometry)
- Basic knowledge of electrical and electronic principles related to HVAC controls, direct digital controllers (DDCs), and their functional characteristics when used with mechanical and pneumatic components (i.e. Signal from sensors to control panels which in turn communicate with actuators) to evaluate the operational status of such controls, make adjustments and repairs and test repairs.
- Basic knowledge of the operating characteristics of chillers, boilers, cooling towers, pumps, air handlers, etc. and their relationship with variables such as temperatures of outside air, of a space or discharge of air handler and of chilled water to determine whether malfunctions are in the HVAC controls or equipment.
- Can troubleshoot methods (visual, audible and mechanical and computer diagnostic messages) to locate probable causes of malfunctions in HVAC control systems.
- Skilled in interpreting schematics and manufacturing specifications in work such as tracing circuitry in control panels, rewiring panels, installing and replacing malfunctioning controls components.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP communication networks and understanding how these networks are implemented with specific knowledge of network devices (servers, workstation, routers, switches & controllers). Can follow verbal and written instructions to verify and troubleshoot network issues.
- Basic knowledge of BMS communication protocols (BacNet MS/TP, BacNet IP, LonWorks IP, LonWorks FT-10, LonWorks TP/XF-1250, ModBus TCP, ModBus RS-485, C-Bus & PuP) and general understanding how these protocols are implemented with specific knowledge of good installation and troubleshooting practices.
LocationLong Island City, NY
Job DescriptionTEC Systems’ service department is currently hiring field technicians, at all experience levels, to work with our expanding service portfolio. Field technicians install, analyze, and service Building Automation Systems at premier customer facilities in the New York metropolitan area.
TEC provides comprehensive service agreements to many of our clients, including owners and managers of commercial real estate, educational facilities, and health care institutions. We view the relationship with each of our clients as a true partnership and our long-standing association with them is a testament to the success of our company. Technicians partake in both remote and on-site service. On-call techs also provide emergency service response twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Our highly motivated team of systems engineers, software engineers, project managers, and user interface designers are committed to providing custom state-of-the-art control solutions, utilizing various product lines including those by Honeywell, Echelon, Allen Bradley, and American Auto Matrix. TEC Systems is renowned throughout the industry for superb performance in response to difficult, time critical assignments requiring creative control strategies.
+ Training on Honeywell, Lonworks, American Auto-Matrix, and other manufacturers’ systems will be provided.
+ Compensation is based on skill set and experience.
+ TEC Systems, Inc. offers excellent benefits, a 401K plan, and a profit sharing program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Install, analyze, and service building automation systems at premier customer facilities in the New York metropolitan area.
- Tasks include performing maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, software modifications, database protection, implementing system enhancements, training, and consultation.
- Maintain relationships between the customer and the organization on all technical matters.
- A minimum of a 2-year technical degree in HVAC technology, electronics, mechanical systems, or equivalent military training
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in the HVAC field
- Knowledgeable in servers and network equipment, as well as a proficient user of Microsoft Office programs
- Available for on-site emergency service calls after normal business hours