When world renowned fashion retailer Prada decided to renovate its two New York City facilities- its corporate headquarters in midtown Manhattan and a 28,000 square-feet storefront at the corner of Prince and Broadway in the city’s historic SoHo district — the company’s reputation for a modern aesthetic was reflected in its selection of the best in building automation systems (BAS). TEC Systems served as controls contractor for both renovations, and delivered a Honeywell Webs Direct Digital Temperature Control System featuring SymmetrE™; Honeywell’s latest and most innovative user-friendly graphical user interface (GUI). Exemplary of the Honeywell platform’s flexibility, the system is binned to a BACnet communications protocol, providing state-of-the-art control for the most contemporary of buildings.
- At both locations, but particularly in SoHo, where the high-profile space once was the downtown outpost of the Guggenheim Museum, TEC Systems, in collaboration with the engineers and mechanical contractor, has converted them both into high-tech concept facilities.
- BACnet communications protocol
- Trane Fan Coil Units
- Liebert Air Conditioned Units
- Mammoth Air Handlers
- TechAir Chillers
- Pro vided control of Constant Air Volume (CAV) Units
- The SymmetrE™ front-end encompasses features such as: Global scheduling, Alarm paging, and Integrated maintenance manager